August 8, 2022

New Mural in Berryville


A mural is being painted on a building on Main Street in Berryville. The artist is Nancy Polo and the business is Homespun, her family’s farm-to-table restaurant.

Since the mural is in an alley, I could not get a good view of the whole thing. I took a panorama shot with my phone but it comes out looking curved when it flattens out.
Monday Murals / Blue Monday 

This is the first time I have seen a Certificate of Appropriateness. Apparently the town is trying to preserve the charm of its historic district.

Please excuse the reflections from the glass.

10 comments:

  1. ...I enjoy murals, but they don't belong on historic buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful mural. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see another mural being painted, and by a woman too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice huge mural. Thanks for participating in Monday murals Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fun one! I can't get pictures of the ones Eugene has for the reasons that you say about this one -- the best ones are oversized and on narrow streets or alleys -- my pictures never look good. But I think yours are fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a mural! I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to be so late visiting. I'm having trouble trying to leave a comment on your blog. I keep getting a failure to publish message. This is a lovely mural. I love the way you photographed it. It doesn't matter that it doesn't flatten. You did a great job getting it, regardless.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.