August 31, 2022

Late August in my Yard



It's nice when a Carolina Wren poses for me, but this one looked disheveled. Perhaps it had been bathing like the two birds below. 

   

Recently I made a blog book for the first half of 2022 (using Blog2Print) and I realized I did not have any pictures of me in front of my house. So I took one for the next volume by setting the timer on a camera and walking away, and then turning around before the shutter clicked. Instead of bothering with a tripod, I had placed the camera on my mailbox. 


In order to end this post with something pretty, I'm sharing a butterfly on coreopsis. There is plenty of coreopsis along with zinnias in my front yard garden. The previous owner grew flowers there and I am carrying on the tradition.




9 comments:

  1. ...I hope that you will have a wonderful September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wren just looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Carolina Wren is a great companion, followed by a Monarch. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cute wren, great selfie photo. The Monarch is a beauty! Happy September! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing you in pink slacks, a butterfly and flowers added to a bird bath...what a lovely posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a super photo of you in front of your house. Lovely birds you get at your place, and a pretty butterfly on your flowers.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.