July 7, 2022

When there’s nowhere to go, wait.

Yesterday I got stuck in traffic on the interstate for an hour. It wasn't moving because there was an accident seven miles ahead. Normally I check the traffic report before entering the interstate, but it was a last-minute decision to get on the highway due to there being a traffic tie-up on another road. By the time the interstate finally cleared, people were getting out of their vehicles to look around or walk their dog. I saw one woman borrow some Kleenex tissue from another motorist. I was glad I had water and a snack with me.

There have been more accidents than usual lately. Some drivers have no patience, or drive too fast, or look at their phones. I-81 has heavy truck traffic so accidents are often serious and slow to get cleared. 


Although I have not done any long-distance travel in a long time (thanks, Covid,), I drive around locally, although not as much as I did before gas prices got so high. (Thanks, Putin!) Often I snap a picture of something that I want to share. Here we have a drawing on a walkway, a bumper sticker, and a couple of signs.

"Enjoy being."






7 comments:

  1. Great collection of signs and messages. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If high gas prices help to unclog the highways, it's not such a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I don't enjoy driving I-81 in the New York State.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if life gives us just so many backed up interstate events, like a limited number of say, splinters, or mosquito bites. It would be nice to know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yardstick sign made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.