June 22, 2022

A Few Birds in Woodstock

I hear more birds than I see, and sometimes I see them but don't identify them, like this bird on a tree.


The guineafowl wanted nothing to do with me. I've seen them in the state park before, and I assume they belong do a nearby residence. These birds were native to Africa and domesticated.


I finally got pictures of a killdeer. There it was, bopping along in someone’s front yard, nowhere near a body of water. It is a type of plover.

Wild Bird Wednesday / I’d Rather be Birdin’

 

7 comments:

  1. I have known Killdeer to nest on a gravel path to the front door of a suburban house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...when I had my nursery, the crazy killdeer would make nests in the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics! I have never taken a pic of a killdeer but would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birds, I love the cute Killdeer. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember killdeer nesting near my home when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finds. We had a couple of guinea hens at home (in India) when I was growing up. People who came home used to be fascinated by them and enjoyed picking up their fallen feathers if any. Those dotted feathers are so pretty.

    The tree in this post looks lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.