May 26, 2022

Trying to Stay Well


One of the “joys” of getting older is you get to meet more doctors and nurses. You need to take care of yourself.

I got my second booster of the Covid-19 vaccine today. And two weeks ago I went to a new medical office to address a couple of concerns, one of which is increased fatigue. This resulted in some tests, one of which is scheduled for June. 

Yesterday I went to another new provider hoping to find an effective treatment for weak ankle ligaments. He does some cutting-edge stuff but did not recommend it in my case. There is an effective surgery but it would mean staying off my feet for weeks, and I have qualms about doing that. Aside from the matter of who would take care of me, I am concerned that not walking would be really bad for my aging bones. 

 


Since I was in the Reston area, I did a bit of shopping at two natural foods stores, so I made the most of the trip. Gas is expensive right now.

10 comments:

  1. Gas just topped $5 a gallon where I live. I'd love to pay just $4.33.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Hubby and I have had our 2nd booster shot. It seems the Covid numbers are going up again. Sorry to hear you are having healthy problems, it would be very hard for me not to walk for weeks. Gas here was 4.59 the last time we filled up. Take care, I hope you feel better. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...staying well in our plan too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far I have been mostly able to stay away from doctors and nurses, and hope to keep doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with your choice...keeping active is sometimes hard to do, as one thing or another often seems weaker and giving complaints. Keep on masking. I had my 2nd booster back in Feb, thinking we would see the end in March. Ha ha. This little bug is really persistent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sympathies I do know how you feel sometimes getting old is no fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still on the lookout for my first booster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you about doctors and some of the not-fun parts of getting old. I have multiple appointments next month and I think, why do they all cluster together? P.S. Gas is $4.89 here. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Os médicos são nossos amigos!
    Ajudam - nos a envelhecer com um pouco mais de ligeireza por vezes!
    Um doce abracinho!
    Gratidão!
    💝💛💝Megy Maia

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.