November 22, 2021

One More Montross Mural

Blog Post #7750

In the "Northern Neck" of Virginia, there is a mural studio in the town of Montross. When we went to that town on business some months ago, I sought out a number of them along the main street. I've been sharing them from time to time and here is the last one. It is on a coffeehouse that is also an art gallery. 


When I first started blogging in 2005, we were living near Montross but that was before murals burst forth there. Perhaps someday I'll go back and find the ones in the nearby towns. 

The area is between the Potomac River and the Rappahannock River, with Nomini Creek and its large bay near town. Waterways figure in many of the murals, and even mermaids! Let's look at the ones I already posted. 
 

For a better look at these murals, view the previous posts by searching for Montross on this blog.


12 comments:

  1. I also started blogging in 2005, and the first mural I have found in my town was created in 2000. Of course, I didn't even realize they were called murals back then. Now we have two groups who sponsor murals, and my town is actually famous for them now. I am so impressed with these you have shared and the new one at the coffee house. I enjoyed all of these, especially after I enlarged them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A coffee house/gallery sounds like a nice place to visit. A very nice mural find Linda. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    what a great collection of murals. I like the coffeehouse mural. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Montross looks like the place to see murals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finds. These murals are very nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mural mosaics -- and the name of the coffee shot/art gallery is perfect. Its the kind of place I know I'd love to hang out (it would be hard to leave).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blog post 7750, that is a good number.

    Very nice murals.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these murals. They must have been a satisfying experience for the artists to create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda - such a terrific collection of murals! I am curious how mermaids came to be a popular subject! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the number of quality murals is exploding all across the country. I see great ones everywhere I go.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.