July 8, 2021

An Afternoon in Burke.

Today I drove over an hour to see an allergist in Burke. I saw this doctor over 20 years ago when I worked in Fairfax. He said he recognized me.

He's been busy since I saw him then. He has been allergist to several presidents. On his wall are autographed photos of Presidents Bush and Obama.


They ran environmental allergy tests today and I'll get food allergy tests next time. I had a strong reaction to dust, which is not a surprise.

 I stopped at a park afterwards.  This squirrel has stolen some trash. I think he was licking a jelly packet. 

The sign on the trash can "Do not stack trash bags around trash cans. Please put in dumpster."

These signs are necessary because the cans get full on weekends and leaving trash on the ground is a temptation to wildlife, which then learns to hang around the picnic area seeking more food. Critters larger than squirrels will come and rip open bags and strew trash over the entire area. 




8 comments:

  1. I hope you are not allergic to too many things. I am fortunate not to be allergic to anything---oops that is wrong. I am allergic to food---it make me break out in FAT. LOL
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really would think that people would have the common sense and simple decency not to leave their bags of trash around the full receptacle and take it with them when they leave. If they can bring it in, they can take it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...fortunately my allergies aren't as bad as in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dust allergy seems to be a common one these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully the allergy tests will help ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very interesting. We lived in Burke for a year when we first moved from California. Hope your allergist can help you. He has an impressive resumé. I have seen squirrels exploring trash cans. I hope people take note of the sign.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.