June 25, 2021

A Trip to France in the Year 2000.

My prints from 21 years ago have faded but I had the negatives scanned at time of processing. This was before I had a digital camera; they were pretty expensive and not as good as they are now. 

Scanned files back then were lower in resolution than you would get today, but some of mine are decent. I brightened these up a bit. 

The giant clock is in the Musée d'Orsay in Paris. I converted the image to black and white because it had almost no color anyway. 

That museum is in a former railway station and has wonderful art. See it if you get a chance!

The other three photos are from Monet's garden in Giverny.



Frank asked another tourist to take the picture of us in the garden. I saturated this one today because I wanted an impressionist look, and it was already soft-focus. 



17 comments:

  1. ...stepping back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fight, there's so much space between you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely b&w, where is Charlie Chaplin when you need him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely nostalgic views <3 I have never visited Monet's garden in Giverny, hope I'll some day can...

    ReplyDelete
  5. monet's house in Giverny is a wonderful place. And the musee d'Orsay is one of my favorite place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots. I dreamed (I think in a fever) that I had a camera that could switch from film to digital with the click of a button. These photos do show a good time in France.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool!! I am periodically scanning all my prints and negatives from way back when. I love film but digital is a lot handier and cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures. I especially like the clock from the Musée d'Orsay which I have visited and which I prefer even to the Louvre. The black and white is very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing these lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. We loved Monet's garden when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the clock looks super in Black and White. :)
    Love those hanging trees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice photos. I immediately recognized the clock. Excellent black and white btw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ! Lovely post. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.