May 23, 2021

The County Line Church

St. Luke's United Church of Christ is known as the County Line Church because it is next to the dividing line between Shenandoah County and Rockingham County.  I came across the pretty church when driving on North Mountain Road. 



The stained glass window over the front door bears the words "Welcome, 1848. St. Luke's Evangelical and Reformed Church." 

The congregation has roots going back to 1864, according to their Facebook page. I had difficulty finding any page for them because there are many churches named for St. Luke and I did not realize the postal address was in Timberville. I would have found it faster by looking for County Line Church.

I like the cow graphic on their page so I'm sharing it with you.



The church is in a lovely rural area and I could see farms from their entrance.

Inspired Sunday / The Barn Collective.



 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful church and bell tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice old building - when I see the denomination on churches I often wonder just how many sorts or species of church there are.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apt name though I thing we have some that straddle ours

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...lovely country views. I see many churches in this area with windows like this over their door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the stained glass, as well as the roof slope in the bell tower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous country views. love the stain glass windows. nice shots. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks different from what I am accustomed to.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.