May 28, 2021

Riding Around Taking Pictures

Like many of you, I enjoy taking pictures. When I run an errand, I think about what photo opportunities might be nearby. 

I stayed a little too long at Rockland Park the other day and found myself in a rain storm, which wasn't too bad, but then when I left the park I found that the railroad crossing was blocked by a stopped train. It's hard to see the train in the photo because the cars are all flat cars with no cargo on them, but the lights were blinking red, the gates were down, and several cars and trucks were stopped there. This actually happens rather often because the "Inland Port" is nearby, where trains are loaded and unloaded with those huge containers that get transported on tractor trailers. 

Black and White Weekend

While I waited there in the rain, I also took pictures in the opposite direction. I was able to catch a double rainbow!
Skywatch Friday

Earlier this week, I went to Front Royal to run a couple of errands. I did not resist the call of the mountains and made a short drive into Shenandoah National Park, which I found shrouded in clouds.

Weekend Reflection: This is a view of the Shenandoah River from Hollingsworth Road.


Sometimes I get out of the car and walk, of course. That's how I got the rest of today's photos.
Floral Friday / Bliss / Garden Affair


Yesterday we did some shopping and took a ride. I had seen a photo of this dam in Aldie and wanted to see it myself. 




 

18 comments:

  1. The double rainbow is rare and very cool. I wonder what conditions cause it.
    -Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. belle découverte de la nature dans votre région ! merci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! You live in a beautiful area. I love the wet sheen in your black and white shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...you captured some nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish the double rainbow brings you an inmense amount of luck - so great. That misty view of the Shenandoah National Park is just twonderful. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently noticed the second rainbow has its colors reversed from the first one. I think that's really something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings and Salutations! I like how delicate the poppy appears in your photograph. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty shots. I like the dam and waterfalls, and a beautiful rainbow capture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The foggy view is quite dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a very resourceful blogger and photographer who always has their eye on something remarkable.
    If we ever meet in IRL and you have the interest I could tell you about the arrogance of railroads in a business sense. And I say that as a person who has Union Pacific blood in my veins from both sides of my family and I worked for them a couple years a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you were well rewarded, these are all beautiful. it is hard to not pick the double rainbow as a favorite...but the clouds in the mountains is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful serie of pictures. it makes me dream of other landscapes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blooms, The nature shots are stunning. Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.