May 27, 2021

Be Humble, Be Kind.


The first sign is in Edinburg. Good advice.

The second one was displayed in a second-hand shop. Someone modified the Kennedy poster by adding a face mask and changing the word country to community. "Ask what you can do for your community."

Speaking of masks, there has been a big change in mask rules here in Virginia. Following the latest CDC guidelines, people who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a mask in many settings. Masks are still required in healthcare settings, on public transit, and in public schools (since few children are fully vaccinated). 

I am glad that the number of Covid cases has decreased here. I fervently hope that this trend continues. 

Some other rules have relaxed too. On Tuesday I attended an in-person committee meeting instead of a Zoom meeting. It felt strange for a few minutes, but then it felt great! 


7 comments:

  1. Supposedly our latest lockdown ends in a few days. I hope this is the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like first sign and message. Our rules are the same here, it seems weird to see some wearing the mask and others are not. We are fully vaccinated. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first sign - it costs nothing to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the first time I forgot my mask and didn't return to the car to get one...and grocery shopped without one. It felt very brave of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great images, both of which I love. Happy to hear about the decreased numbers. We are fully vaccinated also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our mask restrictions have been lifted for the vaccinated (and of course it's all on the honor system) so for now, my husband and I are still masking up outdoors. Sunday, we are having two family members (all of us fully vaxxed) over for lunch and may have to have it indoors due to weather - truthfully I'm a bit nervous about it. First time since the pandemic we would have eaten indoors other than just the two of us. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.