May 14, 2021

Along the South River in Grottoes

Do you take too many pictures! I can't keep up with mine. I never get around to sharing more than a fraction of them, and even some meaningful ones just slip into oblivion.

These are cell phone pictures from three weeks ago. Cell photos are particularly hard for me to remember because often I don't save them to my hard drive where I organize photos in such a way that I can search for them.  I can find cell pictures by date on iCloud, but paging through there does not compare to using Adobe Bridge. 

These are from the town of Grottoes. Most are from a park near Grand Caverns, which is one of the Shenandoah Valley's various "show caves" that you can visit. 


There's a pleasant path along the South River.

Black and White Weekend / Friday Bliss


Spring flowers were blooming. This time of year is enchanting in Virginia's forests and gardens. 

A squirrel was watching from a tree by the river. 

I'm also including a picture of the town post office. I appreciate our postal service, even though there have been problems over the past year. 

Skywatch Friday



14 comments:

  1. We have passed the stage of too many pictures and really make an effort to be more reasonable. The amount of time spent downloading, editing, filing etc became truly ridiculous. And most of them are never looked at again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the post office is quite a box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of the river and wild flowers. It's good to record places and buildings as part of a local history project because changes take place over time. I store my photos on extra hard drives but had to clear some that I keep on my laptop screen awaiting editing. (I ran out of space on my computer and it wasn't functioning properly). Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection, and a dramatic black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep all my photos on flickr. I have almost 80,000 of them. Only about 7000 are not tagged but I am slowly working through those. My cell phone photos are automatically uploaded and it is a task keeping them tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I like the river view the best!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings and Salutations! River views are my favorite. I put my photos on a thumb drive but behind right now. Enjoy your week end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos along the riverbank. I have similar problems organizing my cell phone shots. I usually have a mix of photos, some from my DSLR (which I organize in Bridge) and some on my phone. I create a file folder and transfer them all to one location for editing. Takes a little time, but it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful river view. Wishing a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots, especially the first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely captures, Linda! Yes, I have those issues with my photos, too. Especially ones taken with my phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Linda, my pictures are so out of control! My main problem is taking five of the same thing "just in case" and then never getting around to deleting the extras.
    You have the most beautiful views and sweetest little towns.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ! What a lovely lily blooms ! Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.