January 18, 2021

Blue Monday / Peaceful Heart.

Random-osity / Blue Monday

I found a mural to post today but first I want to acknowledge the holiday honoring Dr. Martin Luther King. Daily Word published a page which included a quote from him so I'm am basing the first part of today's post on that, starting with their affirmation. 


Looking at the world today, it is tempting to feel discouraged or even angry at the discord and disagreement that seem to surround me. I pause to remember that no matter what is going on in my environment, peace begins with me. I breathe deeply and relax, softening my heart, calming my emotions, and easing my mind. I heed the words of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., who said, “Peace is not merely a distant goal we seek, but … a means by which we arrive at that goal.”

Here are some peaceful scenes from Shenandoah River State Park for Mosaic Monday. 


Monday Murals: This is a restaurant in Front Royal. The location was once a gas station but the owners have put much effort into making it into a place to eat and drink. 
I hope we have a peaceful week.


12 comments:

  1. Linda - I give you a big thumbs up for your sentiments - we need peace so MUCH! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful and peaceful post. I'm delighted to see so many wonderful quotations from MLK for his day.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    MLK has so many inspiring quotes. I wish everyone had a peaceful heart. I will feel calm after the inauguration, I am hoping for peace. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great quote by Martin Luther King. We also need more peace and understanding in the world.
    The mural is very bright and inviting, hope the food is good.
    Thanks Linda for contributing to Monday Murals and hope you find some peace and serenity soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Dr King quote - peace is a way and a goal for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...a peaceful heart is rare these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd certainly try that restaurant...like the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mind is singing "Shenandoah" now. It does look peaceful there. As I'm reading your post, I finally understand that part in the Roman Catholic mass in which everyone shakes each other hands after the priest has quoted Christ as saying "Peace I leave you, My peace I give you." It's so true, without internal peace, I'd be a mean, miserable wreak.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this Linda. watching the Inaguration ceremony this morning (pacific time) made me feel like there is hope. My son sent a text saying “today is really our happy New Year).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have been here sooner, but I got caught up in the festivities of the inauguration today. And that gives me peace right now. I am beginning to feel very normal again.

    The mural you shared is really very colorful. I really LIKE the veggies.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.