December 17, 2020

More Snow and Some Holiday Lights

We had about six inches of snow yesterday and a couple more inches during the night.  

Bird on feeder
 
This morning I heard an engine running in our driveway. I looked out and saw our neighbor clearing our driveway with his snow blower. I guess one of the perks of getting old is that younger people do acts of kindness for you! (Thank you, Tony!)

The day before the snow we took a ride to Winchester to view holiday lights. We stopped at Martin's Supermarket on the way home to pick up a few items that we did not find at our local Food Lion the day before. (I try to minimize shopping in person but it is difficult because no store carries everything we want, and there are still shortages. I have not found any goat milk in a week or so and Frank did not find a certain cheese that he wanted.) 

Anyway, we went to Jim Barnett Park where they have a drive-through lights display. In non-pandemic years they have a walk-through lights show.




The light display was enjoyable although fairly modest. Afterward I drove up White Oak Road in Stephens City where a family has an amazing Christmas display in their yard, but there is no place to pull over to safely take a picture.

Today's closing photo is also pre-snow. A neighbor puts seasonal signs on his fence and this one represents a decorated Christmas tree. 

Sharing with Signs 2 and Thankful Thursday.

10 comments:

  1. Wauw, How much snow you have received. Unfortunately nothing at all here in my surroundings in the Netherlands. some frost on the ground, but that is not worth it at all. And such a drive inn also creates atmosphere in these times. Although it was set up very small, it was still well intended and the fire truck was really nicely lit. But the Christmas tree in front of the fence was also what I liked. Here it is only mediocre with the Christmas decorations everywhere. only some in shopping centers. Many shops had to close again and it is very quiet now. I live outside the city and I think it looks sad here, so I made the atmosphere indoors even if my husband and I are only together. Wish you beautiful days that are really different this year. What I am happy about is that the fireworks are prohibited here and that many pets can now also receive a quiet Christmas and New Year. tinedejong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    We had about 11 inches of snow, our nice neighbor helped to plow our driveway. The drive through light display is pretty. I like the tree on the fence too. Take care, stay safe!Have a happy day and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...what could be better Christmas gift than a caring neighbor. Pass it on. Thanks Linda for spotting by, enjoy these special days before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet displays, including the fire truck with it's wheels alight! No snow here either...so glad your neighbor helped you with your driveway. I'm going to try a order and pick up routine at a local grocery next week. Must start making the list now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a truly nice neighbor that you have. Nice festive displays. I like that you can drive through to see and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting all these decorations! I keep walking around my neighborhood but I've seen everything that's likely to be on display now. You are brave to go into stores.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're in Winchester, check out the stunning decorations on Washington and Stewart Streets, around the old hospital and high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good tip! I'll try to get back there and see that.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful decor in your neighborhood. I really like the fire engine :) We have wonderful neighbors who have done many things for us through the years, including removing snow. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.