October 1, 2020

Covid-ality Today

 The City Daily Photo Theme for October is “Your Covid Response.” I’m not sure how to respond to the topic. It’s complicated.

 Note that many of us have stopped saying COVID-19 and now just say Covid. This was barely on our radar in 2019 anyway, and it may well still be plaguing us in 2021. 

 Today I went to the ophthalmologist for the first time this year. It’s an appointment that I rescheduled  twice, feeling a little bit nervous about going into a big medical building. Once I got there however, I felt fairly safe. Everyone was wearing a mask


My biggest response to covid has been sadness. I miss my family and friends. I miss doing things that involve other people. 

My Daughters and My Sister.

My second biggest response is frustration. Many people refuse to do their part by wearing masks. Our government's response has been pathetic. 

As someone said, it turns out that the saying "Avoid it like the plague" is misleading. Some people don't bother to avoid it!

Meanwhile, there are still shortages in stores and even online. Manufacturers have managed to restock their big sellers, but less popular products have become hard to find. 

For someone like me with food allergies, the less popular items can be important. My diet has become more limited and more monotonous. Well, at least I have lost a couple pounds!

I hope you are doing well.




5 comments:

  1. Excellent post for the theme Linda, hopefully it won't be too long before all your normal pursuits can resume. It certainly has been an extremely distressful 2020 , it has to get better.. surely ✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I've been to several doctor's appointments and I felt safe too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good post for the theme.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. covid-abity .. nice title .. your post is all too true and reflects the difficulty many are facing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything you have said here Linda. Continue to take good care of yourself, the same for those near and dear to you.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.