October 4, 2020

Barns and a Church We Saw Today.

We drove out to Cox Farms today to get into the spirit of Autumn. They have a pumpkin patch and Halloween event which I'll share more about tomorrow. This is along Braddock Road near Centreville.
 


On the way we passed this church. I stopped there to check my directions because my GPS has been wrong before, but we were heading the right way. 

This is the Little River Baptist Church built in 1973. The church was first constituted in 1769 and met in a log building that also served as a school. 

Currently they are holding Sunday services outdoors.

 

9 comments:

  1. ...that sure is a huge flower on the second barn, it should attract attention. Thanks Linda for stopping by, take care and stay safe, there are a lot of crazies out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice church and I love the wizards hat on the barn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to see your photos. I recognized the big barn with its large sunflower immediately. I have been to their fall festival before and have always enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The small building of the church is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've noticed a lot of church signs say "cover that smile with a mask" or "masked services" ... guess it works during these kind of times. i love fall. great shots. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    Pretty church, I love the barn with the big flower. Great find! Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to more photos around the barns. So glad to hear the church is holding services outside. I wonder how long they will be able to do so.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.