September 2, 2020

Two Birds, Two Butterflies.


It's been a quiet week for birds so I went into my archives from three years ago to find something for Wild Bird Wednesday. The bird flying over the lake is a green heron, although he doesn't look very green compared to the foliage and its reflection. (You may need to click to the second picture to see it large enough to see it well.)

The bird on a post is a male Northern Cardinal.

I suppose the butterflies will be flying south soon. I hope to see more of them next year.

Our weather forecast says we may get storms tomorrow. I hope everyone stays safe.


6 comments:

  1. ...I hope to see more butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I love the Green Heron, great flight captures. Beautiful butterflies! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've sadly not been outside much this year, so have really depended upon seeing other's photos of nature here on blogs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures here :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.