June 21, 2020

Fathers Day, 2020

This was a Fathers Day like no other. We are still social distancing, so Allison did not come by to see her dad. And even though many restaurants have re-opened, I do not feel safe eating in one on a holiday when it's crowded. All Frank wanted was an ice cream treat, anyway.


In order to do something a little bit special, we went to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, which just reopened after being closed for the state lockdown. This weekend was members only so it was not crowded.

On the way home, I stopped at Sherando Park in Stephens City. I walked to the lake and back. 

Weekend Reflections.
In honor of my own father, I scanned in a picture that I took of him with my sister Peggy. I was about eleven and had my own Kodak.

5 comments:

  1. ...we had a spread out picnic in the back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve been a good photographer since an early age! A sweet photo and great idea. We (and our family) felt the same as you about celebrating the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and white photo of your dad and sister Linda. So good to be able to visit the art gallery and museum again ✨

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty picture of the lake. We kept Father's Day low key here too.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.