June 13, 2020

Animals on Springtime Green

I was happy to see that the State Arboretum in Boyce was reopening. We drove through there one afternoon to look for wildlife. I was excited to see deer cooling off in a pond.  




I'm pretty sure the white gourds in the second picture are  houses for purple martins.

I find it challenging to get pond photos to look sharp through a zoom lens. I think mist from the water makes it hard to focus.

We saw rabbits there too. Some of them were tiny, so I assume they were quite young.

The remaining images are from our own neighborhood.


Catbirds are seen frequently here. Turtles not as often, but almost every time I walk down to the lake, I hear one splash into the water.


The ducks and ducklings seen here are mallards.

Sharing with I'd Rather B Birdin' and Saturday Critters.


11 comments:

  1. Hello, what a great variety of critters. I love the deer, bunny and the turtle.. Cute shots of the Catbird and the ducks. It is a pretty place. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, have a happy new week ahead! PS, thank for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this time of year. Great portrait of the catbird! Hope your day has been super so far, and thanks for joining us at IRBB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Wonderful photos. The catbird look so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos...never heard of deer standing in a pond before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice creature shots. The one of the catbird is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture of the catbird! It seems the rabbit in the third picture wasn't scared. I would have never thought of such beatiful environs in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shots! Love the catbird and the turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely animals here. I do like the Catbird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice bird photos and I need some of those purple martin houses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some interesting sightings. Looks like a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.