May 8, 2020

Passage Willy Nilly

It's Willy Nilly Friday and that means a chance to mix things up a little.

1. Here's a lane in springtime with white fences.
Sharing with Fences around the World.
2. Friday Bliss / Floral Friday. A driveway was surrounded with creeping phlox so bright I was compelled to pull over and take a picture.

3. Skywatch: Our weather has been erratic so here's a windblown selfie on a blustery day. There's a chance of frost tonight.


4. These are covers of record albums that meant a lot to me when I was young. Two of them (broadway shows) belonged to my parents, and I think John Brown's Body (an epic poem) was from the public library. I owned the other albums. I don't have them any more, having given away vinyl records at some point when I moved. 


5. The remaining three photos are from a brief stop at Elizabeth Furnace Recreation Area, George Washington National Forest. I was glad to find the parking lot open, since so many places are closed at this time.

6. Black and White Weekend: This tree trunk looked interesting. I cropped the picture to bring out the odd sculptural look. What do you see?

7. Weekend Reflections: Passage Creek in Elizabeth Furnace attracts people who want to fish. Here I was attracted to the reflections of trees.
Stay safe, have a pleasant weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful creeping phlox & water reflection. Odd trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...what a lovely lane and those phlox, WOW! Years ago we saw Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" tour. Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about a lane with white fences...
    I kind of miss albums. They were a pain because you had to attend to them and couldn't just re-order the songs easily but you know people took their music more seriously way back when. Now it's just background. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many scratched/damaged vinyls are in land fills! They served their purpose, sharing music with masses of people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing the album covers. Really takes me back. I owned 3 (may be 4) of the 8 you show there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful country lane. Nice collection of music you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice selection of photographs.
    I especially like the white fences and the reflection in the water.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the top photo! I sold all of my vinyl to a used record store in 1985. I bet I could get more for them today than I did back then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to be so late visiting - it's been a busy few days!

    The tree trunk has fascinating shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty scenes. I especially like the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.