May 23, 2020

It's Caturday and World Turtle Day.


Saturday's Critters. I haven't filtered a cat photo in a while, so I plucked one out of my archives and altered it in Photoshop for the Caturday blog hop. 

Today happens to be World Turtle Day and I found a turtle in my archives too.

The rest of today's pictures are from this past week.  Do you see the fish that this fellow caught? He threw it back a few moments later. Our neighborhood pond is pretty much a "fish for fun" place.
Weekend Reflections.

The squirrel seems to have spotted me. He doesn't look too pleased. I was in his territory that day, a park in Front Royal. I also photographed a robin there. How nice that it posed on a fence! That makes it perfect for the Fence linkup.

The Bird D'Pot: The rest of my pictures today show local birds.





The young sparrow was perched about our deck. I think he fledged from our bird house recently. I've watched the parents bring food to the house, and heard chirping inside it.

The male goldfinch is a bright yellow in spring. The female is a duller shade, but still quite charming.

The ducks in the final photo are mallards.

14 comments:

  1. wow your photos are grat love from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, love shots of the birds and the fence scene. The Goldfinches and Robin are favorites. The kitty is cute! Thank you for linking up your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead. PS, thank you for visiting and for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the LOCAL birds today. And, the PURRfect photo of that Purrecious kitty!
    Thanks for joining us at I'd Rather B Birdin this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Wonderful serie of birds. The goldfinches are so beautiful birds.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...world turtle day, I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know there was a World Turtle Day, and I saw both a Snapping Turtle and a Midland Painted Turtle yesterday. Would have had a whole new meaning for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A day to celebrate turtles, how nice is that. Love the black cat, my mother's favorite colour for a cat. Growing up we had four of them at different times. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the animals are a piece of art, so awwdorable😸Pawkisses for a Happy Sunday. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always enjoy your photos. Your robin reminds me of the young one I see around my backyard. And I'm partial to those little goldfinches. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see all of your photographs here :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice collection of critter photos. I especially like the birds.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.