March 28, 2020

Mostly Backyard Critters

The first two pictures are from my backyard trail camera.

 I cropped them and added my name so they don't wind up "orphaned." An orphaned picture is one that loses its original identification, usually after it has been reproduced on the web without attribution.

Caturday: The next image is filtered in Photoshop for effect. We saw it a year ago in a cat shelter, when we were considering adopting a cat. I decided against it after one scratched me, plus I realized that I could be allergic because my sister is.


Saturday Critters: Carolina Wren is seeking a bit of suet. Charlie Squirrel has been drinking from the bird bath.

Birds outnumber squirrels on this blog. I checked the tags that are tabulated at the bottom of the page, and so far there are 807 posts labeled Birds and 240 labeled squirrels.

Blogging since 2005!
 
Please keep reading, there are two more birds in this post. 


I'd Rather Be Birdin':

A gull visited our neighborhood this week. It swooped around, apparently fishing. Most of my song birds went into hiding, apparently recognizing that it was a predator. 


This downy woodpecker was hiding among our deck rails. He stayed motionless for a while. His usual buddies were somewhere in the trees or bushes.

16 comments:

  1. Hello. You've got a great view there. I like all these photos. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an impressive backyard Linda. It's obviously a great place for wildlife watching and photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful envrionment. I wish I had so many burdz around...MOL...Great artwork too😸Clean Pawkisses for a Happy Sunday. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, you do have a beautiful view. I love the deer. Nice kitty photo. The Wren, Gull and Woodpecker are great birds and captures. Take care and stay well. Thank so much for linking up and sharing your critter post. Enjoy your day, have a great new week! PS, I appreciate the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!!! what a view you have, it is just gorgeous!!! i enjoyed seeing the deer from your trail cam, what a treat!! and such a beautiful capture of mr. downy!!

    stay safe, be well and enjoy your sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I still had a cat...a companion that would at least demand attention some of the time. Now my attention skitters around all over the place. Loved your critters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...nature's critters are one of the constants in these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful series of critters. It's nice seeing all them just doing their thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos. Stay safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are ALL great! I just posted a couple of very short videos of Carolina wren/nesting at Hootin' Anni's. I invite you to visit. Very short time to load 'EM.
    Thanks for stopping by to add your link today & share with us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. Hope you and your family stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely stunning backyard - Your carolina wren is of course the star of the show to me!!!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You live in such a pretty area. Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.