January 8, 2020

Snowy Day with Birds

Wild Bird Wednesday.
We finally had a nice snow yesterday. Although the forecast only called for one or two inches, we got twice that amount. It started around 10 AM, and I had a dental appointment at 11. I took a few pictures before leaving, and cardinals and juncos obliged me by hanging out under the feeders.


When I left the dentist's office, I had to sweep an inch or two of snow off my car. It was coming down hard so I canceled plans to go shopping, although I did stop at the bank on my way home. Roads were slippery and I slowed for a blocked lane where a policeman was assisting a motorist whose car had slid off the road. I was relieved to make it safely to our subdivision.



Once home,  I stationed myself at a window with the trusty old Nikon that has a zoom lens. Some Canada Geese flew overhead and I got ready to catch them landing. Yes!



Our view was beautiful. Trees were frosted with snow, geese and ducks floated on the lake, and birds visited my feeders, including a downy woodpecker.

Frank walked out in the yard to get a closer look at the spectacle. I was content to stay indoors, glad that we had gotten the outside of the windows cleaned a month ago so that my photos were clear.



In late afternoon, the snow stopped and the sun came out.


10 comments:

  1. Hello. Wonderful photos. Beautiful looking place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, pretty snow and winter scenes. I love the last two photos. Wishing you a happy day and a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful views!! You got more then us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snowy pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all lovely photographs …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! That one cardinal looks quite irritated at being interrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What spectacular scenery! I love seeing your winter photos. The birds certainly stand out against it :)


    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks quite wonderful. My winter is a green one :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful captures of both the birds and the snowy weather.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.