January 1, 2020

Photo of the Year 2019



It was hard for me to choose a single picture as "Photo of the Year."  I post several photos a day so they add up.

I decided on this one from Shenandoah National Park. It is one of my favorite places, a place that brings me a sense of peace. As you can see, it has beautiful views.

People from all over come here. The people in this picture are probably local, since the Shenandoah Valley has a significant Mennonite population. To me, their pretty traditional dresses remind me of spirituality, and these mountains offer a spiritual experience if you are willing to seek it.
Wishing you peace and comfort in this new year!


10 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful image Linda. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good choice Linda! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent shot and good choice. I totally forgot CDP until I had already done my other post. Next Monthe I guess.
    Happiness to you
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, it is a beautiful photo. Wishing you a happy day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice for photo of 2019. I have enjoyed positive relationships with many people of different spiritual paths...including Mennonites. The pastel colors just belong with the old old mountains.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.