January 17, 2020

Around the Valley in January.


1. Black and White Weekend: An antique car in Winchester.

2. Skywatch Friday: Skyline Drive is a great place to see the sunset. By the way, admission to Shenandoah National Park is free on Monday, Martin Luther King Day. That won't help if winter weather closes Skyline Drive, so call the park before you go.

3. Weekend Reflection: You can see some Strasburg storefronts reflected in Janet's window.

4. Fences: At Sky Meadows State Park. 


5.  Friday Bliss and Flowers: Seen in Luray.


6. This blog has had over 34,000 comments and I appreciate them! I regret that I am slow in responding to comments. Some bloggers are just amazing at visiting other blogs and leaving comments (Hi, William!), while I always seem to be several days behind schedule. I don't know how they do it!

I'm grateful that there are now fewer "captchas" to solve. For a while those were really slowing me down! I'm still dealing with spam now and then. (I don't know why someone in Mumbai would think my readers would hire their cleaning service!)

7. I came across an anonymous quote that I wanted to save. I put it on a sky background from the same evening as photo #2.



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful views Linda. The fence gives the hope of spring. Wishing a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the 5 window coupe sure is sweet. You can see how the Skyline Drive got its name. Those "captchas" drove me crazy! Enjoy your weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos!! The BW is cool from classic cars!!
    Have a nice Weekend, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love white fence. Greetings from Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda...I enjoy your thoughtful and beautiful posts...and do have time to read a couple of dozen blogs while doing a breathing treatment. Typing a few words of appreciation is part of my daily enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful sunset shot. I wonder if all the national parks are free on Monday? I'll have to check status for Joshua Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great quote and a real nice series of photographs. Hope the snow and ice goes away for people to enjoy those beautiful views along Skyline Drive :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pięknie kwitnie storczyk! Gratuluję! Mój biały storczyk własnie wczoraj zakwitł! Bardzo się cieszę!
    To wspaniale, ze ten stary samochód przetrwał do dziś!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos. I especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sunset is beautiful! I noticed parks were free today but it was so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, they don't make cars like that any more :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.