November 21, 2019

Fences, Forest Fire, and a Blog Note.


Today I drove into Page County. From there I could see smoke from a forest fire on Massanutten Mountain. It is called the Kennedy Peak Fire and covers about 700 acres.  Firefighters are working to contain the fire.

Several roads and trails are closed. The Page Valley Overlook is closed. Here is a view from the overlook last month, plus a zoomed-in look at a home below it.


On the trip where I took the overlook pictures, I also stopped to capture this scene in the valley below.
Sharing with Fences Around the World.
On a different subject, I finally managed to change the email address that my comments go out from. My AOL address would often get refused by recipients' servers because AOL addresses sent via Blogger are flagged as not authentic. Never mind that I have had the address for over 20 years; it was bounced and the other bloggers did not get an email notice of my comments. The comments posted, however, so folks who scan all their comments would see them.

This has been an issue for four years and I tried to change my email address in my blog settings back when I first read about it. The field that I changed did not transfer the info to the "From" field, so I shrugged it off as unimportant. Recently someone mentioned it so I made another try. I found a video showing where to change it (hidden place!), so this time I was successful. (Thank you, YouTube!)

Credit for the picture of me goes to my husband, who took it at Capon Springs in October.

11 comments:

  1. Miłe widoki. Szkoda tylko płonącego lasu. Miło Cię widzieć Linda!

    ReplyDelete



  2. Really this is awesome and very helpful to me thank you very much to shear this post…
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, the forest fires are scary, I saw that there is another fire in Pisgah happening now too. I hope they are all out and everyone remains safe. Pretty scenes and photos. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...other than a small brush fire, fires are thankfully rare here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Carolyn said, there's a fire on Cold Mountain, which isn't very big yet...I hope your's is contained, and that tomorrow's rain puts them both out. Love the house in the valley and your portrait with camera in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo of you! Glad you got the email/comments issued fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know about the fire. Sure hope the rain helped. We had some so maybe it went that way also. Super photos and interesting and thank you so much for that link. I am sure it will help a lot of us as I haven't been able to leave comments from my iPAD but very, very rarely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about the fire and I hope it is soon contained without doing harm to homes or people. We had heavy rain over night, so perhaps it will head your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those fires can get scary.Pretty view of that house and a nice picture of you.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.