October 21, 2019

Yesterday in Berkeley Springs

It rained yesterday, but we were going on a studio tour so it didn't matter. We needed rain anyway.

I saw several murals and this one was my favorite!


The artist created a trompe l'oeil image of a covered bridge with a hitchhiking bear. Step in closer and you see that he built a recessed wall inside the garage door opening and painted in framing and a floor with a scene in the center. 

This is behind the Heath Studio Gallery so I assume Mr. Heath was the artist. Many of his paintings are humorous.

Mosaic Monday, Random-osity, and Monday Murals.
I drove out to the viewpoint called Prospect Peak. As you can see, the foliage is turning autumnal there.

I posted a winter view from this point in 2013.

16 comments:

  1. Linda - what an effective mural - I thought it was the real deal until I looked closer at the bear! LOL! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Love the mural and the beautiful views. The trees are lovely. Have a happy day and a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mural looked looks like the real thing. It brought to mind the movie "Bridges of Madison county". Thanks for participating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool mural...and nice fall scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Heath is so talented Linda, love his style. Beautiful autumn images 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fall photos. I also thought the mural was the real thing, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely incredible mural. The artist (Mr. Heath?) was extremely clever. What a great way to cover your garage and door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Fall colors are coming along nicely! LOVE the mural! So many talented people in this world. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really great humorous mural you found. I look forward to your posts.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is very realistic, I love that mural. I hope that bear doesn't catch a ride soon he looks kind of cute there!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that mural! What a fun sight to see. I'd love to have that on my garage door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the mural too. It makes me think of the "tunnels" that the cartoon character Wile E. Coyote painted.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.