October 1, 2019

Orange

The CDP Theme for October 1st is "Orange." I sized and cropped five pictures featuring orange and now I have to choose one to put on the linkup. I like the first one because it looks a bit mysterious. I took it this evening. 

The second picture is from August and the flower is on a trumpet vine. Like the first image, it has contrast and a warm glow.

The third and fourth images are ones I took today. The rose bloomed in my yard today, probably because we finally had rain yesterday.

I placed the little toy horse on an orange placemat. The color shifted when I viewed it, at least on my monitor, and took on a rosy tint. I've noticed this with opaque orange objects before.

Although I captured an orange sunset this evening, it lacked a center of interest. I decided to show a more dramatic one that I took at Skyland a few weeks ago. 


P.S. The subject of the first photo is a Himalayan salt lamp. 

6 comments:

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.