September 1, 2019

The Theme is Red.

The City Daily Photo Theme for September is the color Red. I like the way this color stands out, and it draws me to photograph it. I've spent some time in gardens lately looking for butterflies and bright colors, so I have some red flowers. Today I set up pictures with lots of red, and I'll show a couple of those. Since it's Sunday, I also have a red brick church to show you.


The brick church is in the town of Shenandoah, Virginia. It's St. Peter Lutheran Church, built in 1937. According to the church history page, it has roots going back to the 18th century.

InSpired Sunday.

When I got dressed this morning, I hadn't decided on pictures to use for the theme, so I wore a red shirt. This afternoon I stood in front of a red barn and took a selfie.

The doll was willing to pose for me too. I wrapped her to look like Red Riding Hood.

12 comments:

  1. I loved Red riding hood,when I was a child☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a lot of red in my neck of the woods at present - although there are many signs of the greens of spring.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thought out post, like how you worked out what red to use

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what good reds these photos show...glad you included a selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Escellent selfie with the red and doll is a perfect addition. Nice creative photos, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous 'red' post.
    Great pictures.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great collection for the red theme. Pretty picture of you.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.