August 14, 2019

Signs and Graphics

Tom the Backroads Traveller has taken over the hosting of Signs, Signs, a weekly linkup for pictures of signs. Tom is a prolific blogger of high quality photos and travelogues. I don't know how he finds the time to host multiple memes, but I appreciate his doing so.

 The pesticide warning is one I take seriously.  Consider that "cide" is a Latin suffix meaning killer. Anything strong enough to kill pests is likely to be harmful to people and pets.

The second image is a laundromat window. Water is used for laundry, after all, and the fish bubbles are reminiscent of soap bubbles.

Photo #3 shows a cute display at a tire shop, with tires decorated to look like snowmen.



The "AUTION" sign isn't the result of a typo; it's more of a case of a stick-on letter that failed to stick.

The sculpture of a dog stands in front of a veterinary office on the east side of Woodstock. I spotted it while driving past and stopped to take pictures. A plaque says it honors William A. Truban, DMV, 1924-2007. It appears to have been made from pieces of farm equipment. 
.


7 comments:

  1. ...I was in the nursery/landscape business for 50 years and use my share of pesticides. Back in the beginning I wish that I knew what I think that I know now! Love the snowmen. Thanks Linda for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, we do not use any pesticides. I love the fish mural and the dog sculpture. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good capture of signs that are interesting, as well as sculptures by everyday folks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sculpture too. Pesticides are bad for everyone. They give my wife terrible headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am very cautious, too, around areas that have been sprayed. Love the fish at the laundry! What an interesting sculpture to honor a veterinarian!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good collection of signs. I like the tire snowmen--clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.