August 19, 2019

Random-osity Fun


The Good:  I looked out and saw that a crew was replacing a leaning utility pole in the yard across the street. The end result is good, although the sight was a bit strange. (I wonder what their job description says?)

The Random: I'm counting this bit of trompe l'oeil as a Monday Mural. It decorates the door of a ministry in Culpeper.

The Fun: Frank and I did a bit of wandering through the Shenandoah Yard Crawl on August 10. We didn't buy anything but browsed through some displays. The event gets bigger every year and I've learned to only do a part of it, exchanging pleasantries with the sellers and noticing some of the stranger items. You don't see this stuff in a big box store!


Mosaic Monday.
Bonus Picture: Lynn has a shirt from Hull's Drive-In Theatre. Yes, there are still a few drive-ins in Virginia. Hull's is near Lexington, and there is another one in Stephens City.
“You don’t stop having fun when you get old. You get old when you stop having fun.” 
~ Anonymous

14 comments:

  1. Had to laugh at that first photo. Strange indeed.

    I really got a kick out of that last photo with the Yard Crawl. You are correct. There are some truly different things being sold there.

    Of course, I came for Sami's Murals and I think this is a beautiful door. I think trompe l'oeil definitely qualifies as a mural. AND, it's beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - how many men does it take to change out a utility pole? LOL! I can appreciate your approach to the Yard Crawl. When we go to events like that, I have a hard time deciding if I should greet everyone, or just not engage. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mural is amazing... I thought it was a real door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, are the men in the first scene taking a break. Love the mural. The old age quote is perfect. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I think that they screw up or make that downs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...a drive in! I wonder if I'd fall asleep (like "Little Suzie") but would sure want popcorn and a coke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember drive-ins from my younger days, they were such fun.
    I had to laugh at the first photo, all those men standing around and all they probably need to do the job are just 2 people! That trompe l'oeil door is beautiful, looks so real. Thanks for participating Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love trompe l'oeil. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The utility workers photo is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder how that guy climbed up that drill without it falling down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!
    Your first photograph is both strange and comical :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting captures. That first one is certainly unique.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.