August 27, 2019

New Sensory Trail at Sky Meadows


The new trail at Sky Meadows State Park is designed to be accessible, plus a little more as far as accommodating physical challenges. There are features to appeal to different abilities, plus there are the usual interpretive signs that you find on a nature trail. 




Although it is only a third of a mile around the loop, I was glad I had shoes that provide some ankle support. These Skechers have some stiffness added around the heel. This helps keep my wobbly ankles stabilized.

There are wooden benches to sit on. They have plaques saying who contributed them. In one case I read a quote from John Burroughs that I relate to: "I go to nature to be soothed and healed and to have my senses put in tune once more."

I combined this with a scene using Photoshop.

There are boardwalks and bridges to make the going easy. An observation deck at the vernal pool has models of small amphibians that you can touch.

Links:


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up at CountryScapes with Cath@Home....I really enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a wonderful walk. Love the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...few thing beat a walk in the woods! Using all of your senses adds to your enjoyment. Thanks Linda for checking in, enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful place to walk. I like that quote a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely place to enjoy a walk.
    Pleased that your ankles were not too bad in those Skechers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great place for scenery. Thanks for sharing.



    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.