July 14, 2019

Rurality Near Harrisonburg



When I was having car trouble on Friday, I pulled into this church parking lot so that I could safely consider whether to continue driving. I also wanted to check the map to make sure I was heading directly toward the Nissan Dealer.

The church looked pretty so I took a few moments to capture it for the InSpired Sunday linkup. I forgot to take a picture of the church sign because I was concerned about the car. I noticed a sign for Spaders Church Road, though.

Later when I transferred the day's pictures to my Macbook, I looked up the name of the church so that I could title my pictures appropriately. It is St. Jacob's-Spaders Lutheran Church, and was built around 1872. To my surprise, the current pastor is someone I know: Bill Nabers. When we lived in Basye, Pastor Nabers was not only with Prince of Peace Lutheran Church but was also an active helper at many community events. For many years he wrote a thoughtful column for the Mountain Courier, a monthly paper. (He appeared on my blog in 2009.)

If you are curious about what happened to my Nissan, I did make it to the dealer, as I mentioned in Friday's post.

Since I'm posting pictures from the countryside around Harrisonburg, here are a few farms for The Barn Collective.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful church this week, like the setting

    ReplyDelete
  2. The church looks so pretty! Have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, pretty church. Love the barn scenes. Have a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...car problems, the story of my life. Beautiful church and that last barn sure is interesting. Thanks Linda for the visit, I hope that you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your car made it to get fixed. And you are pretty amazing that you took photos while in the midst of anxiety about car troubles. Hoorah for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous view, i love the puffy clouds ... perfect setting!! ( ;

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.