July 18, 2019

Car Notes

My car is fixed!
 

So glad to have it back! We drove to Harrisonburg to pick it up this afternoon. Nissan paid 90% of the cost of a new transmission and noted it as warranty repair on the invoice. It was actually out of warranty, but they cover it as a courtesy... or because they know it is a factory defect but don't want to admit it. Some day I think there may be a recall.

It was scary when the car would barely go forward on the way to the dealer last week.  I wasn't at all sure I'd make it there. Glad all was resolved without too much inconvenience, just a lot of stress!

In case this happens to you, the internet can hold useful information, such as this article on the Nissan Altima transmission settlement.

Okay, since I'm talking about a car, I have some stickers to share that I've seen on other peoples' cars.


The cat and dog are cute! The next vehicle made me uneasy, but it is sitting in a used car lot. You can probably read the sexist sticker on the bottom. The one at the top says, "Don't laugh. Your daughter might be in here." 

And finally, one that made me laugh!

Sharing with Signs, Signs.

9 comments:

  1. Those stickers are so fun, have a lovely weekend ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...interesting, car companies for the most part aren't a courteous bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am glad they fixed it free of charge. The dog and cat stickers are cute. Enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear they covered the 90% Linda. Must be a relief to get your car back. Cute stickers, the dog and cat ones are my favorite. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The driver of that second car is a real horse's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that last one! That could be me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased your car is fixed. That's good they covered 90% of the cost …
    I had to laugh at the last sign - I think someone has been listening to me singing! LOL!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have your car back. It sounds like Nissan really did right by you. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your car is fixed now. That can be so frustrating. The cat and dog stickers are cute.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.