July 6, 2019

A Few Shenandoah Creatures


I almost didn't see the cows in this scene. I was trying to take a photo of this pond in Shenandoah County Park and I noticed reflections of animals. I had to peer into the shadows to see they were cows. 

The box turtle is in my back yard.

Also in my yard was a green insect that we call a walking stick.


Let's head up to Shenandoah National Park and look around. Usually we can see some butterflies at this time of year.

Deer are prevalent in the park.


Not seen quite as often but still a well-known wild animal in the park is the black bear. If you see something dark beside Skyline Drive, slow down and look. It could be a bear getting ready to cross the road.

This bear was kind enough to stop for a few seconds and let me take his photo through my windshield.

Windshield photos usually come out a little hazy and with a color cast. I can correct for that using layers in Photoshop.

11 comments:

  1. Hello, I almost missed the cow. I love the turtle and butterfly, the walking stick is a great find. The deer and bear are favorites. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend! PS, thanks so much for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful dritters you found on your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo through the windshield can out great. Thanks to the windshield for protection - I thought at first glance you got out to take the photo.
    -Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I've actually seen people do that, but I think it's foolish.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see that bear and the photo came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mix of animal photos. They all turned out very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful collection of different critters here … nice to see.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.