June 29, 2019

Who's in our Driveway?

Trail Cam Photos




I placed a trail cam on a tree by our driveway. I was not surprised to see a cat stroll by, but the deer was a surprise. I knew that deer visit our yard sometimes, but usually in the back yard or on the far edge of the other side yard.

And a few days later, another deer visited. It looks smaller to me.

I've cropped these pictures to show off the subject.

Night photos are not in color. The flash can make the eyes look funny. The sweet bunny looks almost scary.


I've smelled a skunk at night a couple of times. Here he is!

And on that same rock, a robin.


The rest of the pictures show people instead of critters. There were so many photos of package deliveries, I pulled a bunch into PhotoCollage to combine them. These don't include all the small packages that get stuffed in our mailbox out at the street.


All those boxes have to go somewhere. The camera caught me putting some in the trunk to take to recycling. We don't have curbside pickup here, so I go to one of the "convenience sites" every week to drop off recyclables. They have to be separated by category and boxes have to be broken down. I sometimes wonder if the gas I use doing this outweighs the benefit of recycling. I combine this chore with other errands so that I'm not driving too far out of the way.


5 comments:

  1. Hello, great series from your trail camera. I love the deer. I am glad you were not outside with that skunk. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. Thanks also for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these cute and diverse critters...from Ms. Kitty to recycling you. I often think of future generations (assuming there are many) finding the things I've contributed to a land fill...and shrug. I'm sure that removing the recyclables at least pushes them into a different shape before they are discarded. I was pleased to see that they now have plastic recycled into roadways in India. I think my carpeting is also recycled plastic (coke bottles probably).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots, especially the kitty cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots of the deer. We see them fairly frequently in our neighborhood where we live now. Hope you have a Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.