June 8, 2019

Time to Be Down by the Water

It is June and the weather is warm enough to relax by the water. Geese like to hang out by our neighborhood pond.



Saturday Critters and I'd Rather Be Birdin'.
The other day I stopped by the boat landing at Eastham Park and saw this young woman letting her dogs play in the Shenandoah River.
 

Today I saw another young woman with a dog. This was also by the Shenandoah, but it was at the boat landing on Indian Hollow Road. She had just convinced her dog to come out of the river. 

Not far from there I spotted a pretty butterfly.


The final two images were modified in Photoshop. The Great Blue Heron was across the pond and I caught him in flight. I played with filters until I got a look that I like. You can see the original picture in a December post.

As for the final picture, I felt like the folks in the boat needed a pet, so I put one there using Photoshop.

Quack!



8 comments:

  1. Love the family pet. How fun. And the heron photo manipulatuion is special. Great day at the lake.
    Today, I'd like to extend my many thanks for being a loyal participant at I'd Rather B Birdin'...much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, love the geese and the cute dogs. The butterfly and flowers are beautiful. The family pet goose is funny, great edit. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, have a happy day and a great new week. PS, thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty animals, feathered or 4-legged...and I did laugh out loud at the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last one. Photo shop is fun to have and I use it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dogs can't resist a splash in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Photoshop shot made me laugh. I love the butterfly and blue heron photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like everyone is having a good time - even the Mega Duck (which is a rare species I think!)

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. i enjoy the shot with the butterfly and the daisies. so pretty ... one of my favorite blooms. ( :

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.