February 15, 2019

Strasburg Scenes and Valentine Flowers


1. Rainy days aren't the best time for taking pictures, but rainy nights can produce interesting reflections. Here I pulled off onto Founders Way to capture some lights, including the distant three crosses on a hill. 
Black and White Weekend and Skywatch Friday.
2. On Tuesday I pulled into Strasburg Town Park and saw an unexpected waterfall. Normally it is not there, but heavy rains had formed a cascade on the mountainside where it comes down to the North Fork of the Shenandoah.

(I apologize for this not being sharp but it's a cell phone image taken in the rain.)

3. The next image is also from Strasburg Town Park, but on a sunny day. I saw a crow who seemed willing to pose in front of a fence.


4. Frank gave me flowers for Valentine Day. Here they're under a hanging lamp in the kitchen. I added the sparkles with a cell phone app as I uploaded the picture.

Floral Friday and Floral Bliss.
5. The same flower arrangement combined into a collage.

Mosaic Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Your flower photo under the lamp looks very interesting - wishing a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...there's a lot to like in this post, beginning with the black and white and ending with your floral collage. Thanks Linda for sharing, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wet night-time shots have real beauty, and this one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting and impressive shot in B/W !
    Like the reflections
    Ma contribution : https://einfachnurmonocrom.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-clock.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. the day before Valentines they had a huge row of roses, I wanted some of every color, but passed. I did get 2 boxes of candy so lucked out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainy night photo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your black and white picture. B&W has a lot going for you and this was the perfect capture for it. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great editing and shot . I hope you too like my photo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like the rainy night photograph, and the flowers are such nice colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Valentines Day flowers ... and fabulous how you “arranged” them in that collage. Kinda magical to find a waterfall where it didn’t used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda - so glad to have you back at Mosaic Monday this week! My husband occasionally surprises me with flowers - there is something about it that always brings me joy! I like how you added sparkles to the picture. I was also struck by the picture with the three crosses on the hill - you have sharp eyes, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your night photo. The 3 crosses make an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that night time shot. The lights and reflections really make it unique.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.