February 16, 2019

Geese and More, Here and Blandy.


The geese and ducks are acting aggressive at times. They know that spring is coming and they are interested in breeding. There's splashing and honking and chasing!

It's not often that a train passes our lake during the day. Usually we hear one going to and from Strasburg's factories around 1 and 2 in the morning. When I heard one blowing the whistle during the day, I got my camera ready at the window and zoomed in.

 The Bird D'Pot and Saturday's Critters.
I heard there are bald eagles at Blandy and when I go that way, I keep an eye out for them. I drove around the loop road there on Thursday but did not see any eagles. I did spot some deer and cows in the fading light.

Blandy Experimental Farm is both an arboretum and an agricultural research farm.


13 comments:

  1. Keep looking for those eagles! LOVE the train...and your birds & other critters...

    I want to thank you for taking the time to link in and show us at I'd Rather B Birdin your pictures and fill us in on the Spring activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, love the geese and the deer and cows are cute. Neat capture of the train. There could be an eagles nest nearby. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Have a great new week ahead! PS, thanks for leaving a comment for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice quiet day (except for gabbling geese) and then a train. That's part of my life where I live a block or 2 above the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection of critters, Linda. The goose seems interested in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great naturÄ™ Love from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos of squabbling geese, deer and cows. The train is beautiful, too! A nice place to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one good looking geese. Nice picture of the deer and cows. Hope you get to see the bald eagles. I too would want to take pictures of the train.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice colledtion of animals and birds. The geese are coming back to Sweden as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn’t mind an occasional train like that, as long as it wasn’t the middle of the night. I’d like to visit ...and learn from ... that farm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice captures. I like the cows. They look so peaceful in the field there at dusk.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.