January 13, 2019

Winter Storm Gia

It snowed all day. So far we have about 7" in accumulation, enough to look pretty. I heard some of the roads are bad. 

I didn't get out any farther than the driveway. Frank brushed snow off the car. It may get covered again before the snow ends tonight.

I took some pictures, of course. The male cardinal stands out in his red feathers.


Inspired Sunday: This church picture is from a sunny day after our last snowfall.


Williams Chapel dates to 1845. It was originally a Presbyterian Church, and became a temporary courthouse during the Civil War because the Warren County Courthouse was being used as a hospital for soldiers. After the war, it became a church again, but later served as a school. In the 1890's it became a Methodist Episcopal Church.  
The last three pictures are from today. I parked the car out near the street yesterday so that we wouldn't have too much driveway to clear if we needed to go somewhere. I like looking at the snow but I don't like feeling trapped by it. 



'

6 comments:

  1. ...7" could make your roads messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snow photos. It's an mixed bag, getting the beauty for a few days, which smoothes everything out, then the slush for a week, not to mention your travel is cut back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shot of that cardinal is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous snow scenes and I love that Cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks too cold for me!! Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures, but I agree--I don't like feeling trapped by snow either.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.