January 18, 2019

Sky, Lake, and Altered Flowers.


1. This scene is one I saw as I drove out our street late this afternoon. I took out the camera to take a picture of the moon, but I also took this one of the entire scene and I like the way it looks.
Skywatch Friday; Through My Lens.
2. This scene and the next are both from our day trip to Cacapon State Park in West Virginia. I posted a couple of pictures from there last Friday. We were only there about two hours, but the light was great for lake pictures.

By the way, in that same post was my photo of a Metro Station that was selected by Black and White Weekend as one of 6 to spotlight.

3. Reflections in Cacapon Lake.

4. I modified this lily using the PicsArt app.

Sharing with Floral Friday and Friday Bliss.
5. Since I am showing altered flowers, here's some that I combined in a PhotoCollage and then filtered in Photoshop.
Mosaic Monday.

22 comments:

  1. The first photo and the last photo are my favorites!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post - the lily is beautiful, and so are those reflections. Your black and white is timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...lots of fun stuff! Your edits are great. Thanks Linda for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenery. My favourite is the first one. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty images, I really love the first two. Cool edits! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I first must thank you for commenting that it was a sheep I saw yesterday! And today my favorite is number 1. I like the diagonals that bring the crossroads up into the clouds, and then there is that minuscule moon. Unfortunately we'll have clouds for the full moon this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your nature photos. The first view is beautiful and the pair in the middle of tall trees exciting. Beautiful reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photography! I really like the reflection shot, and also the flower photo edits. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first image especially. You got the moon, some pinkish sky, clouds, and snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful lily and wonderful sky.
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, that first photograph is beautiful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the beautiful winter landscape at the beginning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really neat photos! I like the variety and creativity in these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda - this post is ROCKING. The first photo has a marvelous composition. Right place, right photographer. The third picture looks like liquid - just unearthly. And the collage is bewitching. So glad you could link up to Mosaic Monday this week. Please come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like all of your shots :) In different ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice collection of shots...your B&W is really good...and as Dragonstar said...timeless!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.