December 8, 2018

This Week's Backyard Birds


 Actually, there were others. But they did not pose for me!

Mr. Cardinal only posed when the light wasn't shining on the window. When it did, he could see me and he flew away.

The sparrows appear to have a nest in a bush under the window. On the grass, this one was well-camouflaged. I increased the contrast in Photoshop so you can see him better.

Another white-throated sparrow posed in a spot where he showed up better.



The mourning doves are not particularly shy.


P.S. Did you see my Great Blue Heron post?

14 comments:

  1. Hello Linda. So great birds. That dove looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white throated sparrow is a pretty bird. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always give us so much pleasure and such a great variety of birds no matter where you roam...for that I send along my thanks and appreciation for linking in with us at I'd Rather B Birdin. Have a beautiful week ahead & Happy Birding!

    Now I'm heading to your heron post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...a wonderful collection, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, lovely collection of birds and photos. I love the pop of yellow on the sparrow. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead. PS, thanks for the comment and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection and I like hearing how the wild birds were interacting with the photographer...the cardinal not showing up if he could see you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice assortment of birds. The cardinal is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful collection of birds. I love Mr. Cardinal, so pretty to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, cardinals are flocking here for the winter so real nice to see a dozen or more

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.