December 22, 2018

Spying on Critters

I have two wildlife cameras set up. I hadn't checked the one in the backyard in almost a month, partly because the yard has been soggy from all the rain we've had. Today I went out there and got the SD card and downloaded it. There were hundreds of shots of pretty much nothing but there were also some interesting ones. 

At night it shoots in black and white. This first one shows three deer as captured full frame.

There were several pictures of just one deer. I cropped this one.


There were plenty of shots of geese and quite a few of cats. I don't own a cat but the neighbors do.


And finally, this night shot. You can't see much full frame.


I cropped it and brightened it in Photoshop. Yes, it's a bear! There were two other shots of him but they were even darker than this one.



9 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful captures from your wildlife cam. I love the deer and the bear. I am not too crazy over cats outside, especially chasing the birds. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead. I want to thank you for all the visits and comments on my blog this past year. I am looking forward to visiting your blog in 2019. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bear in your backyard! I'm speechless (well almost!)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bear is quite a sight! I know someone who also uses a trail cam, and a bear that passes through on a regular basis doesn't seem to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing these photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. that cat would have a handful catching one

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wildlife cam is such a cool thing. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - a bear! How cool is that!!! Merry Christmas to you, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool (and a bit scary to me) to see the bear. It always fascinates me to see what your wildlife cameras capture.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.