December 14, 2018

A Bit of Color on a Gray Friday.

It's Willy Nilly Friday so this is a good time to jump around to a few photo topics. 

1. It's been rainy here and I longed for something bright so here's a poinsettia photo plus a darker variation that I made in Photoshop.
Floral Friday

2. I posted some autumn scenes from beautiful Capon Springs on Tuesday. Here's a reflection in a pond there.

3. For Skywatch Friday, we have a late afternoon view with clouds and the Massanutten Range.

4. A local photo group has the topic "symbols" this week. I used some from this blog and also photographed a few pictograms in Woodstock, at the library and a pharmacy.


5.  Early this month I drove Frank down to Spotsylvania to pick up doors for his old Jeep. On the way back we stopped at Country Cookin' in Culpeper. I was surprised that it was still there, actually. It's been at least 15 years since I've been to that one. The foods not fancy but there's a variety of vegetables, which is unfortunately rare in restaurants.

 

14 comments:

  1. ...I went through Spotsylvania (what an interesting name) going and coming from Williamsburg. Thanks Linda for stopping by, enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, love the pretty poinsettia. The pond reflection is pretty and I like the sky capture. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I frequently take day trips with a vegetarian friend, and she's able to eat something off of most menus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed both your poinsettia pictures. We need some color here in upstate New York. This is the gloomy time of year! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful takes on the poinsetta, but that sky shot is my favourite of these, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the reflection shot, and a beautiful sky capture! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully composed reflection shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bit of colour. We are away for 6 weeks as from tomorrow,not sure if I will have tie to do any blogging but I will return in February if all is well. Happy Christmas and all the best for 2019, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poinsettia is so colourful.
    I enjoyed seeing the pond reflection and the sky photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the reflection and the bottom photo is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The reflections and the clouds look quite serene.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.