November 17, 2018

Snow Day Critters and Game Camera Catches.


On my way to physical therapy yesterday, I paused by our community entrance to take a picture of ducks and geese on the snow. 

After my appointment I drove to the state park mentioned in yesterday's post.



Around here we see deer in the road fairly often. That's one reason I don't drive too fast.

These deer left the road when they saw I had stopped my car. One of them looked back at me from behind the safety of the guard rail.

The rest of today's pictures are from a trail camera that's pointed at our front walk. I cropped all these to show the small animals, starting with a squirrel.

The next two pictures were taken at night. What is this creature? It's too big to be a rat, at least I hope! It has a tail like a possum (opossum). The images are a little blurry and the flash made the eye look like a dash. I rarely see a live possum, although we see dead ones on the roads.



The black and white cat shows up in a number of trail cam photos. I've never fed it but it seems to come around just about every day.

The gray striped kitty only shows up a couple of times. He looks guilty, doesn't he?

The thing on the left of the next night shot may be a skunk's back and tail. We have seen a skunk around here.

Last but not least is Lynn's dog Roxie!


9 comments:

  1. Hello, I love all the deer images, they are so cute. Roxie the dog is adorable. I think it is a possum. Cute shot of the ducks in the snow. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, have a great day and new week ahead. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the deer peering at you! That is my favourite!!!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the cats were inside asleep when those wild critters were around! They missed the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those ducks in the snow, and the deer too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, animals everywhere for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cats go through their territory, which happens to include your property. I saw a skunk at a distance the other evening, no doubt roaming around its stomping grounds. Fortunately it didn't get startled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great critter shots. My favorite is the deer looking at you behind the rail.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.