November 16, 2018

Seasons Change at Shenandoah River State Park


I stopped by Shenandoah River State Park today to eat the lunch I bought in Front Royal and take a few pictures. Much of the ice and snow we got yesterday had already melted. 

North Fork of the Shenandoah, Near Bentonville.

The view from Cullers Overlook looked much different from the way I saw it on October 29th. I'm glad I went there that day because autumn colors from that viewpoint look really special. (Are you ready for a great view?)



Sharing with Skywatch and Orange You Glad It's Friday.

Although autumn went by quickly this year, I did get to the state park and a few other places were the colors were wonderful. There were other favorites that I missed, partly because I went before the trees had donned their bright outfits.

You can see the Bentonville area from Skyline Drive.

Sharing with Weekend Reflections.

The last picture shows a white board in the state park's visitor center. 

Sharing with Signs, Signs.

18 comments:

  1. Really pretty and great pictures, Linda!!! I had to have crossed the valley a few times in my travels but I didn't appreciate it not knowing its name. I like the reflections in your first picture.
    This was a very nice lunch break. Have a Happy Thanksgiving,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenes! Autumn was fleeting here, too. Love the sign!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, beautiful views of the river. Autumn seemed late and it did go quickly. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...a great time of year to be out with your camera. Thanks Linda for stopping by, please come again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful capture of nature at her best. Love the sign, wonder what a Squ is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably a squirrel. I picture a kid writing that and then seeing that it was already listed.

      Delete
  6. Wow, bear and fox. That's pretty good! Love the second photo with the rays of light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful views, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding sunburst and reflection images!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely scenes. I especially like the one with the sunbeams shining down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots, I love the transition this time of year from the green of summer to the colors of Fall and on to the spareness of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, 'children' under animals sighted!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.