August 10, 2018

Flowers and Other Pretty Things.

1. This trumpet vine photo is from a month ago but I wanted to share the bright orange flowers.

Sharing with Orange You Glad and Floral Friday.

2. I think these purple flowers are phlox.


3. These fellows are fishing in the North Fork at Strasburg Park.

Weekend Reflections.
4. I came across this old picture of Marie when she graduated from high school. I had not put it in the album at the time because it was printed too dark but I took a picture of it yesterday and edited it to be a shade lighter.


5. The final image is a cell phone picture that I took this evening.




17 comments:

  1. Nice series. I have to admit that my favourite is the last one - such lovely light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice images, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...nice colors of summer. Isn't it wonderful to be able to adjust photos today! Thanks Linda for stopping by. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. I grew up not far from you, in Manassas, so you often reference places I know or have traveled to. Lots of family still in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange flowers certainly are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers!
    Great photo editing of the old photo
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the pretty flowers at this time of year. Still seeing a few trumpet vine blooms here and there. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flowers and that sunset is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty trumpet vine flowers and gorgeous sky shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the pink mystery photos are tall phlox - I have a plant in my garden, too. They are lovely. I had orange trumpet vine at my house when I lived in Wichita, Kansas, long long ago. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers! My trumpet vine is doing really well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice variety of photos. I love the fishermen.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.