October 15, 2017

Village Church, Relocated


When I did not see a sign on this church, I wondered about it's story. Often I take a picture of both the church and the sign so that I can identify it for the InSpired Sunday blog hop. Fortunately I found it on the internet.

This was a Methodist Church in Pleasant Valley, Maryland. Built in 1903, it was used for 90 years but then fell into disrepair. It was rescued and moved to Grantsville to be part of a recreated town that serves as a heritage museum and arts center.

8 comments:

  1. Hello, it is a pretty church. It is cool it was rescued and moved. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a good Methodist here, I say YEAH.... Love that little church. Glad you found some history.... Like you, I love old churches...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it has a part in the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know it was saved and still loved

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is just too cute and looks very well maintained. i also often photograph signs, it is a great way to remember the identity of the special places we see!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, cute is a good descriptive for this church. It must have been quite a chore to have it moved.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.