March 13, 2017

Good, Random, and Celtic Fun

Downtown Winchester Random-osity 

The Good: I found the Patsy Cline Mural! I heard about it in October and looked for it shortly after but failed to locate it. On Saturday we were in Winchester for the Celtic Festival and I took another look. Here it is near the intersection of Loudoun Street and Indian Alley. 
Click on Image to See a Larger Version
Patsy Cline was from Winchester. She sang blues and country music but her career was cut short by a plane crash in March, 1963. Here's a collage of the images. 
Sharing with Monday Murals and Mosaic Monday
The Random: In spite of cold weather, these bagpipers played at the festival. 


This child was not impressed with the bagpipes.
The Fun: The program listed a leprechaun juggler and here she is! I was relieved that she was a juggler dressed as a leprechaun and not a person juggling leprechauns!

Leprechaun Juggler, Winchester, Virginia

14 comments:

  1. LOL..yes that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I sure like Patsy and her Olds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tribute mural to Patsy Cline, I'm glad that you were able to finally locate it and share with us for MM. Such a shame there were no real leprechauns at the festival, what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I like to listen to bagpipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to listen to bagpipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the picture of the young bagpipe critic at the festival. I personally enjoy bagpipes, but I can understand how that young person feels. The Patsy Cline mural is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the mural & have to admit that bagpipe playing is an acquired taste in music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bagpipers must be dedicated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat pictures. I like the mural--that's unique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... not everyone likes the sound of bagpipes!

    That juggler looks to be doing well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.