February 3, 2017

Sister Shot, Signs, and a Shiny Sky

1. My sister made a very brief visit this week, arriving Tuesday night and leaving the next morning. We made time for a few snapshots, and since the weather was warm we took advantage of the view in the back yard. 


2. "Please Drive Safely. Heaven can wait." This sign is on a tractor trailer transporting caskets!

I snapped this picture with my cell phone. Frank was driving, as he often does after we eat out. I have food allergies and one is to wheat, which makes me very sleepy. I never order anything I'm allergic to but a few crumbs can wind up in my food in a restaurant and I don't realize it until afterward when I suddenly get drowsy, so our policy is that I drive before lunch and he drives afterward.

3. The shot of the passenger-side mirror was taken a few minutes later. I'm linking it to Weekend Reflections and Skywatch Friday.



4. When I saw this sad dog on a menu cover, I had to admit I know how he feels!
Sharing with Pet Parade

5. Last (and probably least) is a picture of a metal rooster, which I'm linking to Orange You Glad It's Friday.





12 comments:

  1. Sad dog photo made me smile. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good visit with your sister. The metal rooster is very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo of you and your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice visit with your sister and you have a beautiful view! that poor little sad dog! i like the sign on the back of the truck...many tractor trailers drivers should also follow this advice as i see so many around here going wayyyyy over the speed limit and right through red lights, grrr! thanks for linking linda and have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you get along with your sister. The sad dog, I can relate to. I know in the end with the problem I'm dealing with that the other person is going to be the one who sees himself ruined, but at the moment, it's a tough slog to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sad little puppy. Great your sister got to visit. My sisters live many states away and I seldomly get to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My policy is that Bill always drives and I always take pictures ;>) (I can drive and do, but he enjoys it more than I do, so when we're together ....)

    I'm glad your sister could visit and that the weather was nice for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice visit from your sister is priceless. I haven't seen mine in a very long time. The sign on the back of the truck makes lots of sense. People are always in a hurry. Enjoy your weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great reflection in the window. Glad you had a good time with your sister. The company for the caskets definitely have a sense of humour don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the reflection shot of the clouds. I've been known to do that myself. Maybe if my windows were as clean as yours I could shoot pics as good as yours also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always nice to have a visit from a sister.
    I like the reflection photo

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.